Another stick of walnut that just will not fit in the furnace.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Black wanut crotch wood. 6ft 6 inch x 15-24 in. wide 2-3/4 thick Waxed heavy at all ends and bees wax on the top and botton.
I cut this one down from a 10 foot piece. Tank and a half to mill this board log was over a year old.

Attachments

• walnut 1.jpg
    walnut 1.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 475
That's gorgeous! It looks like a piece of art just hang it on your wall and be done with it. :)

certified106 said:
That's gorgeous! It looks like a piece of art just hang it on your wall and be done with it. :)

Thats with a cheep cell phone pic. This piece is the best I have ever seen. Thank You.

Jay, I dont know how long a split will fit in your furnace, but it looks like you are waaay long. Maybe you need to measure before you cut. Kudos on splitting something that long.

What are you planning to do with it?

Would make a beautiful gunstock,part of it anyway. :coolsmile:

Best piece you've showed yet.

Wood Duck said:
Jay, I dont know how long a split will fit in your furnace, but it looks like you are waaay long. Maybe you need to measure before you cut. Kudos on splitting something that long.

What are you planning to do with it?

lol Hosre shoes for me...I use to be a measuring fool. Took one out of thistles bag, just let the log be what it is.

That came out beautiful.

MMaul said:
That came out beautiful.

Thats the best one yet...Thanks You. Deanne done all the sanding only went 40grit on it.

Jay, beautiful just does not describe that well enough!

Backwoods Savage said:
Jay, beautiful just does not describe that well enough!

Thanks Dennis. My jaws drop seeing it for the first time after being sanded and waxed.

Very nice. Does the bar keep get the curve or do the riff raff get it?

You have to love and understand wood to really appreciate the work you have done to bring that up so well.

Not just the wood in that picture, but the use of the grain within.

Any plans for it yet, coffee table or artwork for a very well built wall?

SolarAndWood said:
Very nice. Does the bar keep get the curve or do the riff raff get it?

Case by case on that one....lol

woodchip said:
You have to love and understand wood to really appreciate the work you have done to bring that up so well.

Not just the wood in that picture, but the use of the grain within.

Any plans for it yet, coffee table or artwork for a very well built wall?

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.