Another Tree ID Question from PeteD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteD

Jun 4, 2008
Here
Hopefully, this one is easier than my last one:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/76125/

I have another, too, but I will leave that for another day. :)

I may need to get better photos of the leaf structure (on a ladder), but here are some photos. You can see the small currently green fruits one of the shots. These ripen to some other color that I can't recall.

2011-06-17_09-07-16_73.gif

2011-06-17_09-02-08_529.gif

2011-06-17_09-01-58_732.gif

2011-06-17_09-01-46_943.gif

2011-06-17_09-01-38_200.gif

TIA,
Pete

+1

To easy!

smokinjay said:

Now that you say it, I see it. Just too used to the edible kind people plant in the yard - longer leaves, bigger fruit, and different bark than this tree (ones I have seen). What kind of cherry or are there a ton?

PeteD said:
smokinjay said:

Now that you say it, I see it. Just too used to the edible kind people plant in the yard - longer leaves, bigger fruit, and different bark than this tree (ones I have seen). What kind of cherry or are there a ton?

Yea there's people that smoke with cherry The domestic cherry tree is pretty good. Get a wild cherry not so good!

Wild cherry or black cherry can get small cherries on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.