Anvils

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
ok, this may be moved, but I insist that it is equipment related as many users here have anvils, which may or may not be essential "Gear."

I don't usually post links to videos, but this is odd enough, and cool enough, that I just have to:

http://www.coolestone.com/media/895/Anvils_Away/

Danno, the video does not load.

Backwoods Savage said:
Danno, the video does not load.
I just checked it again, and it seems to load for me. Is anybody else having success or trouble with the video?

Not sure what the problem is Danno. I let it try loading for 10 minutes and all I get is the little circle going round and around. Sort of what my head feels like some times.

That's a riot! I was just talking to my wife about an event called "Punkin Chunkin", where folks get together and launch pumpkins out of all kinds of devices. The subject of shooting anvils came up. Then I come on here not ten minutes later and find this. What are the chances of that happening?

I think we should try a similar activity with stoves. Maybe blowing up old worthless smoke dragons? We can call it "Dragon Fraggin".

I am not a fan of anvil shooting, considering how long it took me to find one to use for forging.

Here in Illinois there is a Punkin Chunkin every Sept, and after the veggies are tossed they usually fling a few appliances, mainly washers etc. I stove would be a nice change but the weight my be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.