Any Breckwell gurus in here? Maintenance question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeRanger

Jul 9, 2008
Norhtern VT
I've got a Breckwell P4000 / Classic Cast and was wondering about the air wash plate. I think it may be clogged up a bit and was wondering about cleaning it. But it looks like it's part of what holds the glass in and the manual says all glass work should only be done by them. So I'm wondering, can I clean/remove that little air wash plate thingy at the bottom of the door w/out messing up the glass installation?
Thanks,
j

StrangeRanger said:
I've got a Breckwell P4000 / Classic Cast and was wondering about the air wash plate. I think it may be clogged up a bit and was wondering about cleaning it. But it looks like it's part of what holds the glass in and the manual says all glass work should only be done by them. So I'm wondering, can I clean/remove that little air wash plate thingy at the bottom of the door w/out messing up the glass installation?
Thanks,
j

Strange, besides the Breckwell owners who might chime in to help you, the person that I'd go to about Breckwell stove issues would be Eric at Kinsman Stoves.....he is a dealer, and has serviced them for a long time. He even did a 3 part cleaning series last winter on the forum.

Send him a PM or email, or maybe even call him at the store....he's a great guy & is willing to help anyone.

i clean mine with a card or a thick paper towel .

I used everything from q-tips to match sticks. But a good stiff paper towel soaked in warm water did the best. I personally would not remove the strip. Just try to clean in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.