Any Harman Stove deals ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iron stove

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2009
Central CT
If anybody hears of any spring deals or specials on Harman stoves, let me know. Looking to find somthing like a P-43. Hopefully a dealer is a bit overstocked.

There is always room to deal...
Eric

kinsman stoves said:
Eric

True, but closest dealer wouldnt wiggle. Figure between now and mid summer, somebody near me would want to sell of excess inventory.

iron stove said:
kinsman stoves said:
Eric

True, but closest dealer wouldnt wiggle. Figure between now and mid summer, somebody near me would want to sell of excess inventory.

That is when you walk in with cash in hand and wiggle.

Eric

DO you really want top see me Wiggle ???

getsmiley.php

Just Harman?? Have you looked at anything else??

gfreek said:
Just Harman?? Have you looked at anything else??

Looked @ the Warmland last fall, impressive, but no real track record yet. I really want a Tank of a stove, super reliable, with a big hopper.

iron stove said:
...I really want a Tank of a stove, super reliable, with a big hopper.

I had the Avalon Astoria. Never any problems, never had to replace anything, great heat, and 130 Lb hopper. Easy to work on & clean.

The Enviro Maxx-M is also a workhorse. It has the agitator in the burn pot like the M55. Large hopper at 130lbs. 60,000 btu's. Its a good machine. Doesnt look all that pretty but it was built to heat and does an amazing job of it. I have a friend that has one. He paid right around 3 for it. A little less expensive than the Harman P68. Enviro has a great reputation. Very well built machines.

CJ-SR4ever said:
The Enviro Maxx-M is also a workhorse. It has the agitator in the burn pot like the M55. Large hopper at 130lbs. 60,000 btu's. Its a good machine. Doesnt look all that pretty but it was built to heat and does an amazing job of it. I have a friend that has one. He paid right around 3 for it. A little less expensive than the Harman P68. Enviro has a great reputation. Very well built machines.

No maxx m here. I like the looks of the M-55, especiaally the agitator, but thought there were a bunch of fan motor problems recently.

I think those were more complaints than issues. The M55 does not allow you to adjust the feed rate and the blower setting seperatly. The distribution blower automatically adjusts when you turn the feed rate up or down. Some people dont like the way that is set up. But i do agree with you on the looks of the M55, its a beautiful looking machine. They did a great job designing the cast. The only thing that kinda turns me off about the M55 Freestanding is that i dont really like how far the hopper sticks off the back. It would look good installed into a corner but if it was gonna be the center point of a room, I wouldnt like it. But thats my opinion.

Ditto on the Enviro units. M55 or Maxx

Which Harman are you looking at? I would strongly recommend the P61A. I have had mine 3 yrs now and LOVE it. You could also look at the P68, which is the next step above the 61. You can get both around $3500 or so installed, maybe even less if there are deals out there!

Found a Enviro dealer today, and looked @ a M-55. Impressive unit. I really think it is a much better deal than a harman.

pelletdude said:
Let me know if you would like to talk about an M-55

Absolutly. Who should I ask for ?

iron stove said:
kinsman stoves said:
Eric

Same thing here. My local Harman (or is it Harmon %-P ) dealer wouldn't budge one dollar off of the Accentra insert and knew absolutely nothing about it beyond the fact that it took pellets at $6 a bag!!! I RAN out of that store!

Bigjim13 said:
Which Harman are you looking at? I would strongly recommend the P61A. I have had mine 3 yrs now and LOVE it. You could also look at the P68, which is the next step above the 61. You can get both around $3500 or so installed, maybe even less if there are deals out there!

I don't know how you can cite that price with any confidence when the P61A lists for $3399 & the P68 is $300 more.
You need venting, maybe a hearth pad & labor. We're talkin $4K MINIMUM for an install...

I am giving away P61-A with purchase of bridge....is nice location...over river in Ohio.....PM for detail. ;-)

DAKSY said:
Bigjim13 said:

I don't know how you can cite that price with any confidence when the P61A lists for $3399 & the P68 is $300 more.
You need venting, maybe a hearth pad & labor. We're talkin $4K MINIMUM for an install...

I wonder if he is including the 30% rebate that he got last year. :roll:

tjnamtiw said:
DAKSY said:
Bigjim13 said:

I knew of a dealer last year that wouldnt budge on stove prices, citing the money the Govt would give you back.

we've been doing a un advertised 10% off (end of season, last yrs overstock)on Harmans, but are way too far away from you for that to pertain to the OP... however, I've found in the recent climate the only way people lock up on a sale is to allow people to dicker a bit. Most don't come in without asking for some "special" or "sale" and often the 240-360 bucks you give them off a 2700-3700 unit is the difference from them walking out the door and getting the cheap crap at the hardware store for half that.

tjnamtiw said:
DAKSY said:
Bigjim13 said:

You guys made me go to the den and pull my reciept! I bought and paid for a Harman P61a and paid for the dealer to install. It was a bit more than I thought but part of the deal was a $275 hearth pad, all told it was $3844. I cited those prices though based on my last trip to buy pellets. They had the P61 on sale for $2800 and the P68 for $3100. Even with professional install, at those prices both should be around $3500, not including whatever tax credits are out there now.

We're offering 10% off the venting & labor & Harman has an on-line coupon for $100.
We're also giving a half ton of Clear Choice Hardwood Pellets ($137.50) with each
Harman unit we sell. We're selling the Accentra Free-stander at 10% off because of
an overstock...
We are finding that customers are looking HARD at pellet units because of the upswing in
heating oil & LP Gas. I'd guess that 7 out of every 10 that come in are looking at pellet...

Status
Not open for further replies.