Any HONEST wood sellers on the East side of Seattle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2008
Washington
I'm near Duvall.
Make a long story short I'm going to need a cord to get through the winter.
If you sell them pm me.

Hope you caught the HONEST part in the subject header.
Bring green or not a full cord I'll be sending you down the road.

BTW. I know all the tricks like putting the dry wood on top, wet on the bottom. Don't waste my time or yours.
I'm the nicest guy you will ever meet till you try to take money you haven't earned from me.

It's a shame I have to write a post like this but to many of the wood sellers I've seen years ago back when I bought my wood till I got hurt were scammers.

I don't sell wood but if I did, I would be worried about selling it to you. So if you find a chunk of wetter wood on the bottom, how do you send him down the road?

I've never bought dry wood that was actually dry. Good luck in your search.

Highbeam said:
I would be worried about selling it to you...
Was thinking the same. I'd invite the OP to check out my woodpile and take it or leave it and haul it or at least load it himself and pay up before the truck rolls.

Greg Richardson said:
I'm near Duvall.
Make a long story short I'm going to need a cord to get through the winter.
If you sell them pm me.

Hope you caught the HONEST part in the subject header.
Bring green or not a full cord I'll be sending you down the road.

BTW. I know all the tricks like putting the dry wood on top, wet on the bottom. Don't waste my time or yours.
I'm the nicest guy you will ever meet till you try to take money you haven't earned from me.

It's a shame I have to write a post like this but to many of the wood sellers I've seen years ago back when I bought my wood till I got hurt were scammers.

I am up for this but you will be hauling it from Mukilteo. I do have Well Seasoned Maple Birch mix cut 16" and split. It is stacked in 1/6 cord racks(4' by 4' by the 16" depth) for 67.50 each with a limit of 2 per customer. Now for a real value buy the North Idaho Energy logs which will give you alot more BTU for your buck. I am also one of the nicest wood dealers around and I believe you are looking for a personel shopper to come your way and show you their goods like they have at Nordstrom's. Our wood is also kept inside our wharehouse. The area in which you live is one heavily wooded part of the county and I can't believe you have a problem locating quality cordwood. Now I see you wanted a PM for this reply but I like to be out in the open!
Thomas

I don’t sell wood but if I did, I would be worried about selling it to you.

Only reason you'd have to be worried to sell wood to me is if you came to my house planning to sell me goods that are not what you stated.

To make the statement if I find one piece of wet wood I'd send you down the road is quite childish on your part.

I know any delivery is going to come with some wet wood if it's been outside.

The difference is the ones who come with a cord and the top two feet is dry and the bottom 2 feet is wet.

I'll just tell you goodbye. Is that so hard to understand?

I work hard for my money like a lot of people do. I wanted the message to get across I don't throw away my money.

To bad that two of you here got so bent out of shape about one wanting what one says they are delivering.

Thomas. Thanks for the offer I'm sure it's very nice quality wood but that is to expensive for me.

BTW. To anyone else it doesn't have to be delivered.

Greg, the forum members here are almsot entirely folks who burn wood. We have a few industry professionals involved (sweeps, manufacturers, etc.), but actually very few wood sellers. In fact, I can only think of three or four out of the more than 12,000 registered members. I really think you'd have better luck advertising locally for your need of wood, perhaps on craigslist or whatever other local services are available for such things. Good luck! Rick

No need to get your knickers in a twist. I doubt you can find many people here to agree on what is seasoned wood. Hell, I can't even get my wife to agree!

I certainly wouldn't want to show up at your door with a cord of wood at the risk of being sent packing after half of it was unloaded because you perceive the lower half to be less seasoned. I don't sell wood but if I did, I would invite you to inspect and pick through it yourself and price it accordingly.

I understand being a discerning buyer. As a newcomer to this area, I quickly made a name for myself as being overly fussy to the point I couldn't even get some contractors to bid on jobs. I have a very low tolerance for mediocrity and didn't put up with some of the lousy service that some have gotten away with providing. I've been chased out of lumberyards for trying to turn away rejects. Apparently we had different ideas on what "Select grade" means. I fully understand how you're feeling.

fossil is right. There are not many sellers on this forum. Maybe ArboristSite.com might have more.

Status
Not open for further replies.