Any online stores to buy sooteaters in Canada?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedishchef

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2010
Inuvik, Northwest Territories
Hey guys

Nobody in my local area can get me a sooteater. Anybody know where I can get one online and sent to Canada (within 4 weeks??)??

Thanks a ton

ANdrew

eBay Canada lists a bunch of them. They all originate in the US, but will ship to Canada. Go to eBay.ca & search "sooteater". Rick

tks Rick. I will give ebay a try. It's been a while since I have shopped there. amazon normally do the trick but the company that sells sooteaters on their website take 3-4 weeks to ship the item..who knows when I would get it!

Andrew

How about Ace Hardware? I've bought stuff off their website & they were pretty quick...but I have no idea if that's an option for you. Rick

How about Ace Hardware? I've bought stuff off their website & they were pretty quick...but I have no idea if that's an option for you. Rick
There are Ace franchises up here and I would check to see if that works for you. I personally hate the delays that sometimes happen when customs get involved and there is occasionally the nasty ding from duty. And shipping. And handling.

There is an Ace hardware not too far away. I will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!

The Ebay prices are nuts. $120 for the sooteater and $35 shipping with NO estimates for duties, etc. Aahhhhhhh...pros and cons to Canada!

Andrew

Reactions: Realstone
Yeah, I knew eBay was probly a crap-shoot (rip-off). You can preview Ace and maybe even take a printed page with you. I've found my local Ace to be very accommodating in ordering items for me...things shown on the website but not found on their shelves...they got them into the store within just a few days.

www.acehardware.com/

But I don't even see the Sooteater on the .com website or the .ca website.

Maybe this is a sign from the toothfairy to just get my ass on the roof and use a typical brush setup...

Andrew

But I don't even see the Sooteater on the .com website or the .ca website.

Maybe this is a sign from the toothfairy to just get my ass on the roof and use a typical brush setup...

Andrew
Maybe a call to head office for a special order? Let them know you are a member here and there may be repeat business depending on your experience.

I tried homehardware today and they said they (Homehardware) have stopped keeping it in stock. Meh. Gotta try the Ace hardware store nextw eek. Something tells me I am gonna just go on the roof with my ladder and try to get it done..
A

I've been seriously thinking about getting one as well. Even though I have a 6 inch brush and fiberglass rods to clean the chimney, I have two 45 degree corners to go around the eves and the rods have a tough time bending well enough. I did notice Home Hardware lists them so I might order a Sooteater and have it for next year. If not, hopefully someone up here will start to carry them.

Hey Collin

I don't want to bust your bubble but my HomeHardware said that HH no longer carries the product. They were able to look it up but it said something along the lines of "discontinued".

Let me know what your plan B is...

Andrew

Hi

I live in Canada and just bought one from Smarthome - they ship to Canada - shipping $18.60 and costs $50 or so. I found that Amazon.ca has sooteaters but costs about $150 with tax and shipping - no tax or duty charged to me by buying from Smarthome

http://www.smarthome.com

Pavesa

Sweeeeet chicken! Thanks a lot guys...I will get one from CT (at least make sure they can get me one.) If not, I will get one from Smart home. Thanks a ton guys!

Andrew

Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends to the North. :cool:

Amazon is your friend! Local Ace was $80 something, ebay was about on par. Amazon was $55 shipped. Took 2 weeks but it was worth it.

Amazon is your friend! Local Ace was $80 something, ebay was about on par. Amazon was $55 shipped. Took 2 weeks but it was worth it.
Oh to be in America, land of the free and home of the moneysavers! Wages are about on par both sides of the border, but you guys really get some sharp deals.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes. Definite "con" on the prices here but I'm from England and whadyasay at gas prices at $2.40 a liter ($9.10 a US gallon)?

I'd be interested to know if CT have stooteaters I know our local home hardware doesn't.

Pavesa

Pavesa: if they do not have any in stock they will order you one. You can check online and search to see if any are in stock at your local CT. When on their website, search "Chimney CLeaning System".

Where in NS do you live? I have lots of friends throughout the province.

Andrew

Oh to be in America, land of the free and home of the moneysavers! Wages are about on par both sides of the border, but you guys really get some sharp deals.

Won't Amazon ship to Canada? It was through Amazon but the store was Ideal True VAlue in Crossett Arkansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.