Any potential takers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Anyone within reasonable driving distance to Northeast Ohio,I may be able to provide you with some wood,it would all be fresh cut ,various sizes and lengths.You would have to bring your own truck,preferably a dump of some sort,we would load you it would be by appointment only. No small orders only dump truck sized vehicles. Price would be around $300.00 all wood will be hardwoods,mostly oak,maple some ash,occasionally beech ,locust and cherry shows up.We are trying to see if it's feasible and to test the market, bear in mind you would have to cut most of it to suit your size needs.

I agree w/ Adios on being more specific on the amt. of wood per order. Try talking in cords- 1 cord? 3 cords? 8 cords?

$300 seems like a reasonable price for 2 or maybe 3 cords of cut/split/seasoned wood.

To maybe help you calculate how much to charge, 1 cord of cut/split/seasoned/delivered lodgepole pine sells for $150 in my area. Also, a 3/4 ton truck w/ a full length bed & a topper or bed-height extensions should haul approx. 1 cord.
Best of luck with your new venture!

The trucks i'm talking about would be like a tri-axle Mack loaded heavy as much as it can hold. Smaller dumps would pay a smaller price,I don't plan on getting rich on this ,the prices will be more than fair. Tomorrow a guy who has an outdoor boiler is taking four Mack truck loads he can't believe how cheap a price this is,the trucks will be loaded with as much as they can haul. He's getting about 80% red and white oak,the rest sugar maple with a touch of locust.Volume discount $800.00 four loads a monstrous load of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.