Anybody do a full cleaning yet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
I'm at about 40 plus bags maybe give or take and the weather is warm so i was planning on doing it now before the snow and hopefully the real cold gets here.

Only 20 bags, too early.

Fish On said:
I'm at about 40 plus bags maybe give or take and the weather is warm so i was planning on doing it now before the snow and hopefully the real cold gets here.

Depending on how well you did your Pre-season full clean, you should be good.
Today was mild here in NY, and I didn't run the stove. I cleaned every bit that I could.
My "full clean" consists of taking Everything apart outside and cleaning it.
As it gets colder, basic maintenance will be fine.

Being a new "to me" stove. I decided to give it a cleaning today. I would say I have run about 15 bags through it. Looks like I can make it to the 1 ton mark if not further between cleanings. Ash pan had about 1" deep across the bottom. Little bit of fly ash on the door. Not bad at all.

Just did one last week 50 bags into the season for me.

I empty the ash pan once in a while, ain't that enough? The Guy at Lowes said they are self cleaning just after he took me to plumbing department for the PVC "chimley". What is that funny smell?

Eric

kinsman stoves [email said:
[email protected][/email]]I empty the ash pan once in a while, ain't that enough? The Guy at Lowes said they are self cleaning just after he took me to plumbing department for the PVC "chimley". What is that funny smell?

Eric

Not enough you also have to fill the hopper and press the button, didn't they learn you that in that fancy certification book?

SmokeyTheBear said:
kinsman stoves [email said:
[email protected][/email]]I empty the ash pan once in a while, ain't that enough? The Guy at Lowes said they are self cleaning just after he took me to plumbing department for the PVC "chimley". What is that funny smell?

Eric

Not enough you also have to fill the hopper and press the button, didn't they learn you that in that fancy certification book?

Knew I forgot something.

I'll be firing up the Weedeater leaf machine in about 20 minutes... just got done with the cleaning.

Just got done cleaning after 38 bags.
Harman dealer recommends cleaning after a ton. I like to clean after 35 to 40 bags, notice a big difference in performance.

You mean you have to fill the hopper too! I thought the oil, I mean pellet guy came once a month to fill the hopper for me!!!

I even put the bag of pellets on top of the stove for him and he still didnt fill it!

helismash said:
I even put the bag of pellets on top of the stove for him and he still didnt fill it!

Good help is so hard to find these days!!

Status
Not open for further replies.