anybody else use a two-man saw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Jaque Janaviac

Feeling the Heat
Dec 17, 2009
Ouisconsin
I'm getting so sick of nursing my Poulan-Pro along that I'm thinking it's time to go back to the two-man saw. I'm thinking of actually getting a second two-man saw.

Does anyone have experience with them? The one I have is a German-made plain-tooth design with a very simple (also inadequate) handle design.

Just curious if anyone has recommendations for tooth designs, brands, and handles. My first time around I got the cheapest two-man saw I could, now I'm willing to spend a bit more.

I'd buy 'em up at $16 whatever the tooth-pattern/condition.

The tooth patterns were designed for either soft-wood, hardwood, or combination.

Just like a chainsaw - if you sharpen the teeth you'd be surprised at how much better they work. But that's another dilemna - guys who can sharpen those things are few and far between.

See if your local college has a woodsmans club. I'm thinking of bring the two saws there so they can teach me.

Matt

$16! God, I'd buy them all day long at that price. I just love the old hand made tools. They just work.

Sharpening them shouldn't be that hard, but setting the teeth... that could be tough without the proper tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.