Anybody ever give your dogs these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my puppies, but not at $37.28/lb. I'd be afraid after eating these they won't eat the stuff I can afford anymore :)

Holy Cow, no pun intended, I don't even eat $37.28 steak. My 115 lb. Rottweiler would eat me out of house and home...................LOL

Nope. Special dinner for my dogs (when I raised Great Pyr/Maremma crosses as sheepdogs) consisted of chicken skins and cartilage left over from making soup stock from leftover BBQ. They tore through that stuff in a hurry. They also got fresh killed ground squirrels that the Golden Rottie house dog killed, but ignored once they were dead. Otherwise it was Lamb & Rice dog food at Costco, which was spendy enough.

I can answer that.
Uh.....HELL NO!
We've got 3 labs, a Newfoundland, and a weiner dog. I'd go broke in a day and a half.
I wouldn't do that even if we only had the Dachsie.
Are we bored today James?

But they are on sale! >>

Edit: Shipping for one package is $15.99.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Nooooo way
Science diet, always gets some of the deer from me, shrimp from her momma, and used soup bones - outside.

...And they say there is a recession on.
Ya know, the bit about "guaranteed to drive your canine crazy with delight" makes me chuckle. I have seen dogs swallow a treat in one second flat, and eat scat out of the litter box with the same amount of relish. Mind you, meat is better for canines and felines than any of the cereal based nuggets available, but please--I ain't been able to afford good beef in years myself!

Reactions: osagebow
My SIL had a big shepherd that just couldn't help herself if an easy meal was waiting. She devoured a roast one day and a full turkey one Thanksgiving. Stole them both right off the table. Boy was she guilty afterward. (and gassy ;sick)

Reactions: firebroad
Just give my dogs some jerkey sometimes. I don't trust the treats made for dogs. Too many recalls. I plan on getting a dehydrater and making their own treats, then you know what your animals are getting and a lot cheaper. We've made our dogs own food for over 25 years. If we make roasted veggies, then the dogs get some along with chicken and a vitamin mineral mix. No fleas, no skin problems , etc. We've saved a ton of money in vet bills. We basically know what they are eating. Wild game I harvest as well. By the way, never give dogs cooked bones, they splinter and can kill your dog. Raw bones are fine. We also fed a raw food diet for a while and the dogs did fine on that. Even raw chicken drumsticks, bone and all not cooked and they always did fine. Grain in dog foods are what causes problems. Dogs are not grain eaters by nature, only if the pray they have killed has eaten the grain, it 's already been digested by the prays digestive enzymes, then the dog can digest it. Basically you can't fool mother nature by some off the wall dog food that people are making a huge profits on. Your best friend suffers the consequences. Year and years ago dogs got what was left over from the table, they didn't have dog food, and those dogs lived a long healthy life. Read Dr Pitcairns book , a DMV. There you can find out all the horrors of some commercial dog foods . Shots are a money maker as well. We have a friend that has 2 indoor cats,,,,,, the vet came the other day to check them over, traveling vet, gave them both rabie shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They never go out!!!!!!!!!! My animals are free to go out on our farm, doggie door, no flea controls, heart worm meds, nothing. They are all fine. Never tested positive. If the bugs are bad we put some lemon oil on them from Youngs Living Essential oils. Go to the Oily Vet.com. Good site! I just hate seeing people who love their dogs getting sucked in. oilyvet.com Just ordered a good book , animal reference , treating everything with essentail oils, Elephants to chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.