Anybody use public swimming pools?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Costner drank his own in Water World. Knolte bathes in his own. Or are other peeps' worse than your own? Who knows?

No, No and No!
I have this thang about public swimming pools...<>
Plus the chlorine turns my hair green...:mad: ;sick

Reactions: Pallet Pete
That ain't chlorine, ga
No, No and No!
I have this thang about public swimming pools...<>
Plus the clorine turns my hair green...:mad: ;sick
That ain't chlorine, Gammy...
barf2.gif

My own swimming pool is public if you count the fair-weather phone calls:

"Hey, yeah it's hot. Whatcha doing today?"

There is an old guy that lives across the street that is always inviting me over to swim in his pool.....:rolleyes::confused:
I use the chlorine excuse all the time!;lol

Reactions: bfunk13
How about the resorts that have bars in their pools. People sit there and drink in the pool....you do the math! ;lol

Reactions: firebroad
How about the resorts that have bars in their pools. People sit there and drink in the pool....you do the math! ;lol
Things that make you go hmmmmm...

For hours - and never get up once.;lol Kinda like inner-tubing the local creek.

ever swin in the ocean or in a lake? you know what pees in there? pretty much everyting ;lol. a lil urine never kilt nobody. Lets use out "way back machine" for a sec. In olden times, some of our memeber may remember, urine was used to clean your clothes, and, IIRC the discovery of phosphorus came from an alchemist trying to find the "socerers stone" by fermenting and distilling his own urine. Without people playing with pee we wold not have the strike anywhere match.

Did ya ever see a wad of chit floating by as you swim in a public pool?
I did...;ex
The chit wigs me out more then the pee...and other various bodily fluids.;lol

ever swin in the ocean or in a lake? you know what pees in there? pretty much everyting ;lol. a lil urine never kilt nobody. Lets use out "way back machine" for a sec. In olden times, some of our memeber may remember, urine was used to clean your clothes, and, IIRC the discovery of phosphorus came from an alchemist trying to find the "socerers stone" by fermenting and distilling his own urine. Without people playing with pee we wold not have the strike anywhere match.
As for that lake, birds AND fish poop in there. But I don't care, I ain't swimmin' in your tinkle.
However, I will use wee-wee to add high-energy nitrogen to my compost pile for my vegetable garden. ;)

Did ya ever see a wad of chit floating by as you swim in a public pool?
I did...;ex
The chit wigs me out more then the pee...and other various bodily fluids.;lol

Ew.

Hey, just think about what's in a hotel's hot tub.....!!:oops:

Reactions: ScotO
Hey, just think about what's in a hotel's hot tub.....!!:oops:

Exactly.....! Mr Gamma likes to go in them...but I refuse.
Hot bubbly water...breeding ground for bacteria....
Who knows what is growing in those hot tubs...ew;sick

Reactions: ScotO
Oh it's a breeding ground alright!

Reactions: smoke show
Hot tubs are a stew pot. Low water volume, high bather numbers. Pools are a bit safer. It is not just pee, but there is deodorant, makeup, hair gel, dead skin, suntan lotion, and a few other things I won't mention. Floaters scare me more than pee.;sick .

A properly chlorinated and balanced pool should pose little risk. Burning eyes or murky water is a sign that it is time to get out. Using pools in the morning is best after they have filtered all night.

LMAO! loon

Exactly.....! Mr Gamma likes to go in them...but I refuse.
Hot bubbly water...breeding ground for bacteria....
Who knows what is growing in those hot tubs...ew;sick
Yeah like the time my wife and I went to Niagra Falls for the weekend. It was a spur-of-the-moment trip, and it just so happened when we got there that every motel in town was filled due to a special olympics event that weekend. So we went a little way out of town and found a place with one room to rent......the honeymoon suite, complete with fireplace and hottub. We got settled and and decided "hey, we are paying for the honeymoon suite, we may as well have us a honeymoon!:p". We went out to slip into the hottub and there were all kinds of FLOATERS in the damm thing! From skin scum, soapy hairballs, to God-knows-what-else. Needless to say we didn't get in it, and it kinda 'ruined the mood' for my wife. I HATE public pools and hottubs........YUCK!

Reactions: fishingpol
It's a misconception that chlorine will kill all bacteria out there, it's just the industry standard. Pools can make you sick and kill you (very rare but not unheard of). If you go in a public pool make sure you shower afterwards, never drink the water and be careful of cuts, etc.

Did you ever stop to think and realize that as you watch a sunset, you breath in some atoms exhaled by every other human who has ever watched a sunset? Not to mention all the animals who have ever lived on Earth. We're all here together, sharing all the same resources. Over and over and over again. :rolleyes:

Sound advice from Sagan, we are all stardust.

"Every time you drink a glass of water, you are probably imbibing at least one atom that passed through the bladder of Aristotle" Dawkins

Status
Not open for further replies.