Anyone familiar with the ICC Excel Female Flex Adapter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richkorn

Minister of Fire
Jul 28, 2008
SE CT
I'm doing my re-venting with ICC. This looks like some great pipe. You moisten up the silicone gaskets and one pipe slides right into the next for a tight seal. My 4" flex liner inserts into the top of the female flex adapter (part # PAF) between three tabs and then you put in 3 screws to hold them together. When I look up inside of it I can still see some slight gaps between the flex liner and the inner part of the ICC adapter. The end of my flex liner is not perfect because I had to trim about 4" off to get this all to line up.

The question is: Should I put a bead of high temp silicone on the inside to seal where the flex liner meets the adapter? I'm thinking it would be a smart thing to do. And then aluminum tape around the top over the screws.

Thanks to all for recommending the ICC pipe.

Well I didn't use any silicone just aluminum tape at the top and it leaked like crazy. Dealer said just tape it didnt work. I need to redo in probably silicone whole outside of flex liner before I put on the adapter then silicone the inside also. Then aluminum tape. I have email into the dealer and ICC to see what they say.

Looks like the ICC female flex adapter is generic to attach any UL listed liner. It doesn't insert into the liner but fits over it. Liner fits between 3 tabs & you use 3 screws. Nothing in ICC install instructions on how to properly attach it so no smoke. I'm hoping lots of high temp RTV will do the trick otherwise my ICC pipe is useless to me if the flex adapter won't seal.

bump.

Dealer contacted ICC and they said to silicone around outside of bottom of flex liner before inserting it into the adapter tabs. And then after putting in the 3 screws to silicone at the top also. I filled the top 1/4" gap with 500 rtv. It's drying so i'll see tomorrow how it works. That ones never coming off!

Guess not too many using ICC flex adapter around here.

All done:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/78701/#942678

Status
Not open for further replies.