Anyone have a Blue Forge yet? Thoughts on them?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawntitan

Dec 7, 2007
NJ
Just checking to see if anyone had purchased a Blue Forge yet, or had any feedback on them? I'm kind of interested in them, but I'd like to hear from someone that actually owns one. Thanks in advance.

I've seen one at a trade show, but not operating. And to my knowledge, nobody here has one....yet.

Cozy Heat sells them. You might call and see if they can put you on to a live owner. Like you, I'd be interested in learning more about how they perform under actual battlefield conditions.

i have also seen one at a trade show and like it allot. the only problem is they don't make the one i wanted to buy.
they only make the 1900 model now and not the smaller one 1300. the price was 9900.00 for the 1900 model a little to high for me and to big of a boiler for my needs. i tend to agree with some of the members here like nofo about smaller is sometimes better for boiler sizing. it seems that most new boilers coming out that they want to make big gasifires and forget about the smaller ones for what reason i don't know. or maybe i do they want you to pay a bigger price for it and just tell you bigger is better.

examples: blue forge , central boiler e-classic, aqua therm omega HE
all three reps told me either they don't make the smaller versions yet and/or don't plan on even making them at all.the e-classic i was told will be like 400,000 btu thats crazy for my needs and they said that is what most people need and want.

getting back to the blue forge it looks to be a good design in my mind true gasificatoin boiler with boiler tubes that are easy to clean and the whole thing is able to be taken apart for repair by the owner if needed. i too don't know anyone that actually has one.
if any has one in operation id love to hear about it .

Sounds like typical CB-speak . . . they tried to sell me a 250, when their own literature said I needed the smaller one. So far I am successfully heating with a GW 100. . . yes, 100!

I like the looks of the Blue Forge. My one reservation is that I would like to see more refractory mass, since I like that part about my GW. One thing that looks better about the BF is that the fuel - by gravity - continues to feed the flame until burned out. I also like the ability to remove ash easier than with my GW.

I vote you go ahead and buy one so you can educate us on its strengths and weaknesses. It's called takin' one for the team ;-)

"They only make the 1900 model now and not the smaller one 1300. the price was 9900.00 for the 1900 model a little to high for me and to big of a boiler for my needs."
Well, guess that rules out the Blue Forge for me too, I needed the smaller one also. Back to the drawing board, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.