Anyone have info on these pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlyMan

Jun 7, 2011
Scarborough, Maine
Hi Gang -

Several of my local Walmarts have started stocking Natures Heat Pellets. I jotted all the info I could from the bag. They are made by Pennington Seed out of Madison GA. They are rated premium, they are a blend, they have <1% ash, fines are <.5% and their website is http://naturesheatpellets.com (not much info there) :smirk: I'm sure they are shoulder pellets at best, but if anyone has used them or could comment I would appreciate it. BTW, they were $3.88 a bag.

EarlyMan

Back a couple of years they had a junk pellet run (dirty would be a compliment), good news is they actually made right by the customer and did refunds. I ended up being leery regardless and bought something else at the time, but did by a few bags later that year and those were ok as a medium grade pellet. If it were me and due to my experience, I'd be darn sure to test them out prior to buying a whole bunch, I still give them credit for the refund part at least. Nothing like running the stove when it's 80 degrees out!

Past reviews have not been good....complaints of pellets being VERY dusty. In this case, buy & try a few bags before buying any large amount.

Junk.... At least up until last year. I bought a couple from HD and a couple from Wal-Mart.. They were different colors and different lengths. HD's Bags had the PFI label, Wal-Mart did not. I posted Pics last year of them in a thread somewhere. Dusty... and No Heat.

Hello

2 years ago Walmart in Hudson NH dumped a whole ton of Nature's Wet Heat in their own dumpster!!

So I pulled out 4 good bags!

They burned in my stove ok, so a free week of heat in my book is a good deal any day!

So for $3.88 per bag I would buy a few to have in a pinch. Which Walmart is it?

See pics below of my free heat! LOL

Attachments

• FreeHeat 010SC.jpg
    FreeHeat 010SC.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 331
  • FreeHeat 030sc.jpg
    FreeHeat 030sc.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 310
I wouldn't rate them all that high. Well below average. But if scored cheap enough and the stove can handle the higher ash? They'll work in the shoulders.

Things change! So they could be better this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.