Anyone heading to the Air show this weekend?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
I'd love to go but it will be too hot to be outside watching the show. BIL went last year and he and his wife suffered from mild heat stroke. His wife works at the tradeport and can see the practice runs. 90's predicted this weekend, it going to be a cookah out there. Water was like 6 bucks per bottle.

We went to a fly-in at a local airport a few years ago and checked out a B-17. I got a few nice pics as a storm front rolled in. They were worried about hail denting the skin on that bird and almost got it out of there. The control tower said the worst part of the storm would miss the airport so it stayed and the tours continued.

Edit: The weekend the B-17 was in, you could pay for a ride on it. The plane was flying low around the river valley a few times that weekend, and the rotary engines were just something you don't hear that often. I must have been awesome seeing a group of them flying over on their way to a bombing run back during the war.

Attachments

• DSC03485.JPG
    DSC03485.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC03474.JPG
    DSC03474.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 85
I will head that way but probably stop at the North edge of the yard. ;)

Reactions: Delta-T
I think I've seen about all the air shows I ever need to see. When I lived on Kirtland AFB, the Thunderbirds practiced & performed every year right over my house. When I lived just a bit north of the final approach into (then) Miramar NAS, the Blue Angels practiced & performed every year right over my house. When I served aboard aircraft carriers, our own Air Wing practiced & performed (including dropping live ordnance) every time someone would let them...right over my houseboat. If someone would come practice & perform right over my house, I'd enjoy watching it. ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.