Anyone heard of ultimate grade pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NYstover

Dec 2, 2019
Finger Lakes NY
Just bought pellets from a local hardware store. They are instant heat hardwood pellets, labeled as ultimate grade. A quick search online, I found their premium grade and standard grade, but nothing about ultimate. The only difference I can see from my other bags of pellets, is that the ash content is less than .5 vs less than 1 on my other bags.

Attachments

• 15752998154602216028546701168409.jpg
    15752998154602216028546701168409.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 86
If you haven’t unloaded them yet do yourself a favor and return them. Awful

Yep a gimmick.. I tried a platinum grade this year and they were garbage.. dug em out and used them for litter for my little critters...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I thought Ultimate Grade was the grade above Superior. I normally go for Superior when available, otherwise Choice or Premium will do. Don’t often see Ultimate around these parts, although the Grade A label is now showing up.