Anyone in CT or RI willing to trade Dry seasoned wood for $$$ + Green Wood ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karri0n

Nov 18, 2008
Eastern CT
Hi all. I have 1 four-year-old son as well as a pregnant wife, and I'm currently burning GREEN wood, trying to heat my house. I know the dangers and problems with this all too well. Money and time were really tight, and I ended up having to buy wood in November. Big mistake, I know. I'm wondering if there are any kind souls with decent wood supplies in eastern CT or in RI willing to trade some dry seasoned wood for some cut split green wood along with some cold hard cash. If anyone is interested in this trade, shoot me a PM and let's talk.

Any would be helpful. 1-2 pickup loads is prob about all I have available for trade.

Do you have some objection to just buying a cord outright?
I have two people I've used in eastern CT that are very good. Bill Dexter in Danilson @ 860-680-1278 and Masacaros in Colchester @ 860-537-0862

I bought two cords from each of them.

@Greg: My only objection to buying outright is I've never actually gotten well seasoned wood this late in the season, even after the dealers and people reviewing them have specifically mentioned that their wood is dry while others are not.

@wet1, I'm in Ledyard, and it's mostly oak.

Wet is a bit far from me, is there anyone in the New London area?

Give Bill a call, I got mine in Aug and Sept and its pretty good. Don't know what he has right now, you might be able to inspect it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.