Anyone in norther nj have someone they trust for firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mroverkill

Feeling the Heat
Aug 10, 2010
Northern nj
overkillauto.com
i have my 12-13 pile done and 1/2 of my 13-14 pile done BUT i only have 2.5 cords ready for this year

im looking for 2-3 more DRY cords

That's a tough one. I have used Mulch Concepts in Lafayette - the guy there has good seasoned oak and a fair accurate cord for delivery.

Good luck.

I was actually just there friday looking for topsoil. He was working at processing a bunch, so unless he had another pile somewhere its probably not perfectly seasoned. I asked him what he charged, $200 delivered $170 picked up.

Yeah - it's tough. Sometimes they season in log length, which isn't really seasoning. I've bought wood 3 times in my first year (since I wasn't prepared for my stove purchase), from 3 different vendors and Mulch Concepts gave me the best wood. Perhaps I got lucky.

Still - none of them were great IMO. Hence the reason I do my own wood - so it's right!

Mroverkill said:
i have my 12-13 pile done and 1/2 of my 13-14 pile done BUT i only have 2.5 cords ready for this year

im looking for 2-3 more DRY cords
What part of Northern NJ?

Call around and see if you can find ASH.

I saw a landscape place in Randolph off Sussex Ave near millbrook ave that had a huge pile of ash rounds they were splitting. ASH might get you thru the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.