Anyone know of any high temp reflective paint or tape?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

albertj03

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2009
Southern Maine
I'm looking for something that is reflective yet able to stand up to high heat at the same time. This is for the web cam in my basement that I use to monitor my stove when I'm working. The problem is that the needle on the thermometer that is on the stove pipe is really hard to see on the camera. Last year I put a piece of aluminum foil on the needle and that helped it to stand out but is kind of a pain because sometimes it falls off. Does anyone know of any kind of high temp reflective paint or tape that will stand up the temps they will reach on the stove pipe? I looked around at Home Depot but I couldn't find anything that even came close.

Thanks

If you're just working upstairs or out in the yard, you could always get a remote meat thermometer. I use a maverick on my Big Green Egg and the temps get up around 700. Range is actually quite good on the newer ones.

That Krylon aluminum paint sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I'll have to check it out.

The only thing I've done so far is put aluminum foil on the needle and it works ok but it sucks when the stove is cruising and the foil falls off. Hard to put it back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.