Anyone know of wood pellet fuel supply in Anchorage?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skytrekin

Oct 31, 2010
Anchorage, AK
Here in Anchorage, AK the only place that I know of that sells wood pellet fuel is Lowe's. Home Depot stopped carrying them this year (freedom fuel and it was cheaper)
I believe it is unreal what they are charging for pellet fuel. $8.95 a bag I don't even want to know how much that is a ton. Someone else must carry this stuff, I just gotta find out who.

Skytrekin,

Welcome to the forums. We have another member that is also from Alaska and he is saying the same thing. Pellets are way to pricey up there. Most likely the price is so high due to shipping charges. Try to PM this member NATE379 Maybe he has a better lead on the pellets for you.

Look around for an independent pellet dealer or maybe a stove shop. They may buy large quantities which should help in lowering the price a bit.

Skytrekin said:
Here in Anchorage, AK the only place that I know of that sells wood pellet fuel is Lowe's. Home Depot stopped carrying them this year (freedom fuel and it was cheaper)
I believe it is unreal what they are charging for pellet fuel. $8.95 a bag I don't even want to know how much that is a ton. Someone else must carry this stuff, I just gotta find out who.

Gee I wonder are you closer to British Columbia than Maine is? Maybe BTU might want to look into shipping some of those Oakies up thata way?

Actually there is a new pellet factory in Fairbanks that sells by the ton. $295 cash or $310 with credit card. Call information for their #. Superior Pellet Fuels. You will have to get a shipping company to ship to Anchorage for you.

Has anyone tried the new pellets from Fairbanks yet?

Their pellets are getting better and there are mixed reviews here in Fbks. The pellets are only as good as the wood we have and the price is even better! And they can keep you supplied.

Thanks is it still 290 ton ?

Status
Not open for further replies.