anyone use one of these draft inducers..link

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested in finding out too. Although any powered device attached or connected to a chimney is illegal in Canada.

I purchased one from that site a few years back. I'm sure if you do a search on this site you will find some posts on it. However, I couldn't run my stove on a windy day without it. My stove is subject to downdrafts at wind gusts of 20 MPH or more. It also helps with quick starts and creating a draft. No cold flu and smoke backing up in the room. The only downside is maintenance. I pull it out of the pipe once a year for a good cleaning.

If you don't have a draft issue or relight your stove often then save your money.

how was it to install? would you recommend it qhat are the positives and negatives? How long have you had it running?

I thought it was easy to install but I guess that depends on ones skill level. It comes with a template, mounting clips and screws. You need to hook up the electric.

Yes, I would recommend it.

Positives/negatives, I think I stated that in the previous reply.

This is my fifth season with it. I suspect the motor will burn out at some point and I will purchase another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.