archgard chalet 1800 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drifter

Feb 6, 2009
western oregon
i am looking to install a wood insert. i am looking at an archgard chalet 1800. does anyone have anything to say about this particular make and model?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with it. It looks pretty standard and in the Regency i2400 range. What are the particular features that have drawn you to this insert?

it was one of the inserts sold local to me. seemed to be built well, with a smooth action on the door latch and hinges. just don't know anything about how well it burns.

How is the firebox put together? What is their secondary combustion method? Another thing to find out is whether the blower is multi-speed and how quiet (or noisy) is it.

There are several. I certainly don't mean to discourage the Archguard. I really know nothing about it. In it's size range there are the mid-sized Regencys, Quadrafires, Lopi/Avalons that are all good performers.

i will look into the construction of the fire box, and the secondary combustion method. also will have the salesman run the blower. what should i look for in the construction of the fire box? what is the preferred method of secondary combustion?

When checking out the blower find out where it is located. If it is on the back of the insert you will have to pull insert out whenever you have to clean it. Blowers mounted on the front are much easier to keep clean and running.

drifter said:
i will look into the construction of the fire box, and the secondary combustion method. also will have the salesman run the blower. what should i look for in the construction of the fire box? what is the preferred method of secondary combustion?

Typically it will be burn tubes. Some stoves use a stainless manifold. PE makes this style. Will this be an area heater or are you trying to heat the whole house? If so, how large a home would you be heating?

Status
Not open for further replies.