Are these combustors any good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC I bought one for my CDW that I burned my first year. It worked fine.

No complaints from me, and IIRC, they were supposed to light off before the stock one did.

Matt

I think the verdict is still out on those, they are relatively new. The steel cat resists thermal shock and won't crumble like the ceramic ones and they claim lite off at lower temps, but I also heard from a few people they clog up easier. When mine goes bad I will be tempted.

Would it be safe to say that these are similar design as the Condar steel cats? Yet, Condar is asking $250.00 for theirs!

Diabel said:
Would it be safe to say that these are similar design as the Condar steel cats? Yet, Condar is asking $250.00 for theirs!

I have a condar steelcat in my Intrepid and a clearskies cat sitting on the shelf as a spare for my encore. Not the same design. Some people have mentioned clogging problems with the clearskies cat, I haven't heard of any clogging issues with the the condar steelcat.

redhat said:
Diabel said:

I have a condar steelcat in my Intrepid and a clearskies cat sitting on the shelf as a spare for my encore. Not the same design. Some people have mentioned clogging problems with the clearskies cat, I haven't heard of any clogging issues with the the condar steelcat.

Thanks Redhat,

I might go the same route, buy both. Also, thanks for your input on the other post.

Status
Not open for further replies.