Article oil dealers going bust in new england because of credit crunch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"currently about $350 for a pallet of bags that will keep a home this size heated all winter"

Does this guy live in a dog house? I hope he is just confused and the dealer isn't telling him this.

She......
"Her short fiction and poetry have appeared in Maize, No Exit, The Sun, and Square Lake."

she has no idea what she is talking about. Somehow, 2 tons of pellets is going to do the same work as 1000 gallons of oi. Nuclear Pellets! They must have solved the nuke waste problem by adding it to the mix.

Panhandler said:
"currently about $350 for a pallet of bags that will keep a home this size heated all winter"

Does this guy live in a dog house? I hope he is just confused and the dealer isn't telling him this.
Just not a very good writer/researcher I guess. Says she has a 1000 sq ft house and a pallet of pellets to heat was $350 (giving the benefit of the doubt and it was a 1.4 ton pallet which some brands like Michigan Wood Pellets prefer - it's still a stretch to heat on just that much). However, she later also says it's 350-500 to heat her house this winter. Only a couple of paragraphs from the 350 claim.

Claims to have found a stove for $1100 but then goes on about all the places without stoves and no mention of how she found hers in those market conditions.

Not an intellectually rigorous article at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.