As dirty as it gets...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortstuff

Feeling the Heat
Jun 5, 2008
Southeastern MA
This is about as dirty as I let it get before I give her a good vacuum, scrape the burn pot clean and clean the glass. Usually 3 full days burning (on thermostat) between cleanings.

Perhaps overkill to many, but my stove has worked flawlessly so far and I want it to continue to. This stove has exceeded our expectations and regardless of the lower oil prices we could not be happier.

Happy heating!

Steve

Attachments

• DirtyStove1_1200.jpg
    DirtyStove1_1200.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 579
The burn pot...

Attachments

• DirtyBurnPot1_1200.jpg
    DirtyBurnPot1_1200.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 556
And the glass...

Attachments

• DirtyStoveGlass1_1200.jpg
    DirtyStoveGlass1_1200.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 545
Nahhhhhhh...you still got plenty of time before a clean. One, you still can see through the glass, two, the ash is not yet overflowing into the firepot, three, the firepot still has visable air holes and four, CLINKERS!!!!!!!!!! where are the CLINKERS?????????

Shortstuff said:
This is about as dirty as I let it get before I give her a good vacuum, scrape the burn pot clean and clean the glass. Usually 3 full days burning (on thermostat) between cleanings.

Perhaps overkill to many, but my stove has worked flawlessly so far and I want it to continue to. This stove has exceeded our expectations and regardless of the lower oil prices we could not be happier.

Happy heating!

Steve

Where is the ash pan, is it full. That looks nothing like a CB1200 except for the burn pot. Air wash from the bottom, mine air washes from the top.

I have a quad mt vernon looks just like yours I never have to empty the ash pan as the ashes build up on the floor of the stove when I turn the stove off I just vacuum up the ashes from the floor every 2 or 3 days.I have burnt 3 tons since getting the stove last year and I still have not emptied the pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.