As members of the Pellet Mill Forum...Would adding more to your signature be helpful for others and

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LIpelletpig

Feeling the Heat
Jun 26, 2008
Long Island, NY
I was thinking over the weekend about how the forum could be more helpful without so many repetitive posts about the same topics and so on...I thought a good idea would be to add more information to the signature section of your profile. It first would help members identify what make and model stove you have and maybe the year the stove was built.

The one important fact that always comes up in topics is the dealer and who did the install. In the signature area members would include the stove shop name and the installer of the stove if it be the stove shop or self install. Then members/new members could ask questions via PM (private message need be) about the specific dealer/installer on there experience. As we all know there are some instances where people have not received good service after the sale or the dealer went out of business. On the other hand there are members that have had great experiences with there dealer and would stand by them. This is important information that others can benefit from especially if your in the market for a stove.

How would this help others since we're all about helping each other.....

1. It would clarify what make and model stove you have and year built. (If you wanted to include OAK/No OAK that would also be helpful)
2. It would help other forum members identify you as a possible resource.
3. It would also help new members make decisions on stoves, dealers, installers, and so on...

I know most members do have make and model in their signatures already, but adding the dealer and installer would it be beneficial for others?

So what do you think?

(If you were wondering I am NOT a service repair person, dealer, or in any way in the business of pellets or stoves.) Just a pellet stove owner trying to keep warm without using OIL..

Status
Not open for further replies.