ASH Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhoff310

Oct 7, 2010
Toledo Ohio area
Last Monday a tree company was dropping this huge ash. I asked if they were taking the wood and I was told to talk to the homeowner. I asked the owner and he said "Please take it all, I'm too old to try and get rid of it". Due to my working hours getting all of it on one night was next to impossible. It took me 4 nights to get it all home, doing most of the work by the light of the moon except for the last night when I noodled up the larger pieces.

Jeff

Attachments

• wood10.jpg
    wood10.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 420
  • wood11.jpg
    wood11.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 401
  • wood12.jpg
    wood12.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 419
nice score. How much do you think you have?

SWEET !!!!!! Good BTUs there !!!!

Shawn

Nice grab. Looks like you have some nice easy straight splitting ahead of you.

Got wood? :lol: Great score. I'd guess a cord, how much you think you got?

Very nice. That's a big boy.
Having Ash assures me of having dry wood next winter. :)

Very nice score and well worth the effort! Cut, split and stack it and you could burn it next winter if necessary..

Ray

im betting somewhere between 1.5 and 2 1/3 cords. Theres more wood there than meets the eye. DBH was 32"...darn good sized tree.

Jeff

I love cutting that size of tree. You can make a lot of firewood fast and easy. Splitting that ash will be a dream too.

I think you are looking at 3 cords there, between the house and that pile.

After splitting several variations of wood, ash is my favorite. Doesn't break by looking at it like pine, but splits nice and straight and naturally seems to give a good variety of big, medium, and small splits.

Damn am I jealous, if only I could pay to get a load of rounds like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.