Ask and you shall receive II.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaptJaq

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
Let my landscapers know I was finished splitting the last load. Came home today and found this in the yard...
Img_5677_a.jpg

Slightly larger load than last time, probably 4 or 5 cords of mixed hardwoods. I can see some maple, red oak, two standing dead oaks, a decent size cherry and a little I can't identify.

KaptJaq

Reactions: PA Fire Bug
That's a good thing to find when you get home.

Looks like a good variety.
I'm guessing free & delivered. Lucky dog :)

Sweet!

Looks like a good variety.
I'm guessing free & delivered. Lucky dog :)

This "free & delivered" is costing me a lot of grief. I had told the boss I needed something to scrounge firewood. She reluctantly let me get a 10 year old pickup for that purpose. First scrounge I used it on I spoke to the guys dropping the trees. They helped me load the truck and after two or three trips asked where I was bringing it and how much I needed. That afternoon they dumped about 8 cubic yards of 18" rounds. I haven't needed the truck for wood since. SHMBO, the boss, wants to know why I am keeping the truck and can't I get a "nice" car. I like my toy so I guess I'm going to have to start scrounging again.

KaptJaq

Kinda strange style of landscaping, but I like it!

This "free & delivered" is costing me a lot of grief. I had told the boss I needed something to scrounge firewood. She reluctantly let me get a 10 year old pickup for that purpose. First scrounge I used it on I spoke to the guys dropping the trees. They helped me load the truck and after two or three trips asked where I was bringing it and how much I needed. That afternoon they dumped about 8 cubic yards of 18" rounds. I haven't needed the truck for wood since. SHMBO, the boss, wants to know why I am keeping the truck and can't I get a "nice" car. I like my toy so I guess I'm going to have to start scrounging again.

KaptJaq

Bwaaa, Bwaa , Bwa.
Free delivered fire wood
Grief :eek: Good grief :)
Tell her you may need the P/U to deliver wood eventually. As much free delivered wood as you are getting, you'll be able to start selling some.

Bwaaa, Bwaa , Bwa.
Free delivered fire wood
Grief :eek: Good grief :)
Tell her you may need the P/U to deliver wood eventually. As much free delivered wood as you are getting, you'll be able to start selling some.

That free supply might dry-up PDQ if he starts selling it. couple cliches apply here: "Know a good thing when you've got it" "Don't rock the boat"...

Reactions: KaptJaq
KaptJac,
Tell that guy to quit messing up your yard like that! Makes it hard to cut the grass. Just think of how many $$$$ he has saved you. WOW!!
Take care,
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.