Astoria.. still acting weird

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
If you have time go back and look at my posts from the end of last season. My astoria is really having problems. The best way to describe it is, after start up, every 30 seconds or so here an unusual vibrating noise at which time the combustion air will practically stop creating a lazy fire for a few seconds. Then the air comes right back and is normal till it starts again.. Last season the tech came to look and it was not doing it until right after he left. any ideas?

hmmm. I've seen this Pelpro pellet stoves where the control board starts cycling from low to high because the voltage is too low to the combustion motor.…waiting for a circuit to be closed. I'm not 100% on that stove but I'm thinking the diaphragm in the vac sensing switch is failing and losing suction. Try jumping the switch and see if the steady burn is achieved. If it happens like clockwork, perhaps there is an issue with the control board looking for a signal input or perhaps your combustion motor isn't pulling 3000 RPMS

Status
Not open for further replies.