Atmos on ebay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a nice boiler & someone will probably get a real bargain. The Laddomat is right at its limit with this one. Randy

As is where is but he doesn't see where that is.

SolarAndWood said:
As is where is but he doesn't see where that is.
The link does not work correctly. He is in Wilmington Delaware as listed on the auction site, Randy

almost worth the drive

Sold for the $2650.00. The kicker is it's in the basement with the buyer being responsible for removal. Hopefully the new owner gets on Hearth here, Randy

I got the boiler . It was really hart to move it out of a basement. We had to put plywood on the steps and then carefully pull it out with the truck. By doing that, we made some damage to the metal sheet that has Atmos logo in it. I already send emails to order new parts to the dealers 10 min ago. Also I got the tank for $550 from New York.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150519375576&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Now I’m trying to find cheep Simpson chimney pipe to finish the project.

Andrey said:
I got the boiler . It was really hart to move it out of a basement. We had to put plywood on the steps and then carefully pull it out with the truck. By doing that, we made some damage to the metal sheet that has Atmos logo in it. I already send emails to order new parts to the dealers 10 min ago. Also I got the tank for $550 from New York.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150519375576&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Now I’m trying to find cheep Simpson chimney pipe to finish the project.
I didn't envy you getting that out of a basement! These are well made boilers & you are running with a Laddomat & storage so it will last quite awhile. I'm on my 2nd year with my 32GS so if you have some questions I can try to help, Randy/ PS you need to monitor flue gas temps & I keep a Magnehelic draft gauge hooked up to mine so I can keep it around .1 WC.

May have been a PIA but you got one heck of a deal : )

Pain In The Ass

Well, we call that a PITA....but in any case I agree...will be well worth it. Atmos was on our short list when we were looking.

I got the tec support from the factory, and they told me that “120gal for DC40Gs is very little. It almost does not make sense to put it with DC40GS.“ BUT, I can go without storage if my “house has sufficient heat loss. If the heat loss of your house is lower then, we do not recommend that”. I’m confused now. I don’t have place to put more storage. My house is 3500 sqft now and I have dethatched garage 1200 sqft, but I’m not planning to heat my garage yet. Should I find smaller Atmos??

Andrey said:
I got the tec support from the factory, and they told me that “120gal for DC40Gs is very little. It almost does not make sense to put it with DC40GS.“ BUT, I can go without storage if my “house has sufficient heat loss. If the heat loss of your house is lower then, we do not recommend that”. I’m confused now. I don’t have place to put more storage. My house is 3500 sqft now and I have dethatched garage 1200 sqft, but I’m not planning to heat my garage yet. Should I find smaller Atmos??
Andrey, when I saw the storage size I was wondering what you had in mind there. Mine is 720 gallons & I wish it were twice that! The Atmos should not be idled much & the 40 is a good sized boiler so its going to heat your house fast & then idle. If you have no room for 2 500 gallon propane tanks you probably should sell this rather than have it corrode out. Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.