auger cover M55cast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kykel

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
long Island
I read that there were some overfiring issues with the m55cast insert. There was mention of doing something with the auger cover.
My new m55cast fs has an adjustable cover that sits over the first cover. loosen screws and it slides up and down. Can any one tell me witch way would feed more pellets if in fact that is what it does. Slide cover up exposes more of the auger. does this feed more pellets?

kykel said:
I read that there were some overfiring issues with the m55cast insert. There was mention of doing something with the auger cover.
My new m55cast fs has an adjustable cover that sits over the first cover. loosen screws and it slides up and down. Can any one tell me witch way would feed more pellets if in fact that is what it does. Slide cover up exposes more of the auger. does this feed more pellets?

Generally, exposing more auger would allow more pellets to load.

thanks smokey

Status
Not open for further replies.