Auger jam

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kappel15

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2014
Iowa
Went downstairs to empty ashpan on AE, and there was an auger jam error code on wall control. Just filled hopper last nite too. So, unplugged stove, emptied hopper. Even dug some out with hand so wouldn't pull any when pulled auger. Unplugged optical sensor and auger motor. Took screw out and pulled auger assy. out. A few kernels came out and a bit of dust from up top. Took optical sensor off and cleaned it. Put it back on and reinstalled auger assy. and plugged wire harness's back in. Plugged stove in, threw a handful of corn in hopper to keep vac from throwing an error code. Crossed fingers and it started feeding when it was suppose to. Lucky it was a cheap fix. Doesn't always work that way. kap

I have had it happen twice. The first time was a nail, the second time was a large machine bolt head. Different pellets, different free gift in the bag. At least pulling the auger on my 52i isn't that bad. :)

Reactions: kappel15
I use a kan burn cleaner mover I made. Sucks corn out of trailer, thru a pc of rolled hardware cloth. The shop vac sucks the fines and such out of it, and the kernels gravity feed into a barrel. Barrel has a ball valve on bottom, with a hose that goes into basement into a bin. I have a small plastic hand feed scoop I use to mix corn and pellets, and it works nice for scooping out hopper. kap

Reactions: woodnomore