Auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Griny

Oct 27, 2008
Western WA
Can anyone tell me how many rpm's this one runs? People say that its not that important you may be off a couple rpm but I think it does.
For example if your auger motor is running 1 rpm and you install another one that does 2 rpm you increase your pellet rate by 100%
I know you can lower your pellet rate to put it on the lowest setting but it wouldn't be how it supposed to be.

Picture003.jpg

I believe its a 1 rpm. The cross I got was to a C-E-017 1 RPM from a breckwell replacement.

One way to be sure is mark the out put and rig up a lamp cord to it. Plug it in and time it for 1 minute. see how many rev's you get.

If you have over feed issues from the stove. It could be the control panel? I have seen them not properly control the auger motors cycle. Once you hit the on button they just continue to run non stop. I would check that too!

Thanks for the good info.
My auger motor is fine for now but am looking into other options for if this one quits on me and then have to go to the local Lopi dealer and buy there high dollar "LOPI" part which is bs since they banned everything from the innerwebs... and I know for sure they are out there just know where to look!

Griny said:
Thanks for the good info.
My auger motor is fine for now but am looking into other options for if this one quits on me........and I know for sure they are out there just know where to look!

The Gleason-Avery brand has gotten very good reviews. Beefier than standard motors, and also much cheaper. Here's the link to their website...you can buy them direct there (you want #A901):

www.gleasonavery.com/catalog/pellet-corn-stove-motors.html

Status
Not open for further replies.