Auger Motors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinw

Jan 16, 2011
Northfield, NH
I have an Englander PDV25 that needs a new auger motor. There is alot of talk on here about auger motors. When I look them up, I find that the rotation as I understand it is wrong. They say the rotation is clockwise facing the output shaft. Mine runs counter clockwise facing the output shaft.

Now, to me, facing the output shaft means looking at the shaft on the opposite side of the coil,. is that correct?

By my way of thinking, the photo on the right is facing the output shaft.

Attachments

• gearmotor.jpg
    gearmotor.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 279
  • IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 283
As Dave said, you need a CCW output auger, as per the pic on the right.

A very good, inexpensive motor that gets very good reviews is the Gleason-Avery. Stronger motor, better bearings too.

www.gleasonavery.com/catalog/pellet-corn-stove-motors.html

They are listed as CW rotation, but I think you can call them and "custom order" the motor and they'll make it the way you want.

or, you can change the rotation yourself....look at post #3 in this thread:

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/52492/

Status
Not open for further replies.