austro flame integra need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pmassa

Apr 1, 2011
NY
shut my stove down 2 weeks ago. Stove was working fine no issues. I just went to restart it. Normally when I turned the stove on the auger light would come on for maybe 5 seconds, go off for maybe 3 seconds, then come back on for 5 seconds. depending on the speed I had it set at would depend on how long the light stayed on. When I attempted to start it this time , I turned to power switch on,no auger light. I scratched my head for maybe 30 seconds. Auger light came on and went off very quickly. It blinked on/off,on/off very fast for maybe 3 min. I shut the stove off. Unplugged stove, pulled it off the wall, plugged it back in, turned it on. Auger light started to blink on and off quickly. The auger motor shaft was turning,but quickly with the blinking of the light. I assumed I had power, but checked it anyways. outlet power at junction board for power cable, fuse has been bypassed by previous owner but I do have power on the board at both ends of the wire. The brass wires exposed on the auger motor have 70 volts on each wore. I checked power at the on/off switch. At first there was 14 volts on both legs of the on off switch wether it was in the on or the off position. I rechecked at had outlet power on both legs(maybe my meter leads were not in tight initially) with the switch on or off. I unplugged the stove, waited 15 min, plugged it back in, turned it on and now no auger power light. Any suggestions as to where to start?

Do you have a surge protector that your stove is plugged into? Very delicate electronics. Control board can be wiped out with a simple "Brown Out", and you would not even know.

The light is now working as it should, but there are no pellets being spit out. No surge protector either.

Are there any pellets inside the auger? A possible dumb oversight. The hopper having plenty of pellets doesn't mean they have been moved up into the auger shaft if the stove shut down after its last use because it was empty. It would have to turn for a while before they start coming out.

Im going to empty out the pellets from the hopper and look at the auger to see if any are stuck and see if they are getting into the auger. Also, seeing if the auger can be turned. Will post about it later when I get a chance to do it. Thanks for the responses so far.

If the stove is going through its normal start up routine and you are delivering no pellets. I would check the auger motor first to see if the shaft is even turning. Could be a stripped out gearbox. If you need to replace it make sure you get a 1 RPM motor.

I had removed the motor last night when I was having the quick on/off auger light. The motor shaft did turn very quickly with the light being on and off. I disassembled the motor body, removed all 5 gears, cleaned them, checked for stripped cogs, regreased everything and put it back together. Manually turning the motor gears the large gear that turns the auger shaft does move. I think I am needing to be looking for electrical issue and not so much a hard component issue. like i said when I turn the on off switch to on the auger light does flash on and off quickly, but when operating normally the liught would come on for 5-6 seconds, go off for maybe 2-3, then back on.

I think you're correct in suspecting an electrical issue, perhaps the timer component that the auger (heat level) knob connects to before going to the motor. (unless it goes to a control board) If the auger motor doesn't turn, you could test it with an electrical cord attached to its leads, but the lights indicate some kind of short or fried circuit. I can't imagine lights acting strange because of mechanical problems.

the auger motor does turn, just ery ery quickly on and off. guess i will continue the internet search to find a possible answer

Sounds like your control board has gone bad.

I am tending to agree with you, just wish I could check that out thoroughly before buying a new one.

how old is this stove? if it is newer "rika" austroflamme, then it should have a hopper lid switch. If it's an original, then check your draft switch.

check that.. reread ur post, if you have an auger light on the control board then it must be an older model, check/clean the draft tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.