Auto Oiler not working on Husky 350...??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifthopper

Apr 12, 2007
www.drifthoppers.net
The auto oiler on my Husky 350 is not working, tank is full, no oil coming out.
I noticed it last weekend, stopped using the saw, got around to looking at it last night.
Rinsed the oil reservoir out with alcohol, took the bar and chain off, (newer, decent bar and chain on the saw) cleaned it all off real good, cleaned the bar and groove out, turned my oil adjuster on the bottom back and forth, (had it originally set at the high notch), put it back together, filled the oil tank, ran the saw for about 30 – 45 seconds… no oil on the chain, took it all apart, no oil coming out of hole.
I’m using that Tractor Supply $6.00/gal black jug oil.

What should I do / check next?

Sounds like you did everything I would do. Next just to make sure empty tank and try to run straight alcohol (I like kerosene) through it.....If you get nothing you need a new oil pump. (Leave bar and chain off this time)

Gunk makes a good product for this as well. engine flush.

smokinjay said:
Sounds like you did everything I would do. Next just to make sure empty tank and try to run straight alcohol (I like kerosene) through it.....If you get nothing you need a new oil pump. (Leave bar and chain off this time)

Gunk makes a good product for this as well. engine flush.

I'd use kero as well. Sounds like the pump is shot though, probably a plastic gear driven one and the teeth sheard off.

Status
Not open for further replies.