Autocrat 76FH Manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gamesandguns said:
I'm looking for a manual for an old Autocrat 76FH wood stove. I've been looking all over the Internet for it and just can not find it. Thanks for the help!!

Does this thing look like a giant franklin fireplace? Double wall.

If so, I remember the machine...but, damn, that was a LONG time ago! Not likely that it will be easy to find any docs on it - this was pre-computer, let along pre-internet!

I found one for sale on craigslist and that would be a good description of the stove. I didn't see any gaskets on the door which concerned me. It's not an insert that I would be putting in or running.

I have a couple messages on the RenovateYourWorld page. There were a couple of people on there that claimed to have a manual but only one had an e-mail address listed and that e-mail account is dead. It is a big double-door stove. It is a stand-alone stove, not an insert. The doors do have a rope gasket around them so it seals up pretty well. I'm just hoping that someone on here has one and would be willing to scan it and e-mail it to me.

Reactions: dianeaaronparrott
Firstly- I'm sorry I dont have a manual- However I burned one for 11 years and think I know a little about it if you have specific questions. Unfortunately I'm giving it to a freind for his workshop next week and I'm switching to a Quad 3100 Millenium. I'll miss the old beast, though I'll go visit occassionally.

gamesandguns said:
We're mainly looking for the correct size of rope gasket to use around the doors and the ash bin. The existing rope is pretty much shot.

Its thinner than most--I think it was Rutland 5/16 or 3/8. I also remember the sticky black sealer that came with it. Still never got the doors to seal well- ever.
http://www.rutland.com/productinfo/stove-gasket-kits.html

Status
Not open for further replies.