Automotive anti-zeize on combustion blower set screw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJPellet

Minister of Fire
Sep 6, 2011
Western NY
Would this be okay to keep the set screw from seizing up on me. I had been cleaning the combustion blower impeller with a paint brush. I thought it worked great until I took the impeller off and saw that the back was LOADED with ash that I cannot get to without removing the impeller. I want to be proactive and make sure next time the set screw will still loosen for me.

I've used anti seize on automotive small engine parts for years. Should work and will make it easier to remove. You also could use lock tight one is made for threads that is not hard to loosen

I use anti seize on my Quad burnpot bolts and it works great even in the hottest part of the stove.

I use anti seize-compound on the mounting screws for the igniter on my Harman Accentra. Given how often I've had to change that, it seemed like a good idea and I've had no issues.

Copper Graff hig heat anti sieze

Status
Not open for further replies.