Avalon AGP Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobalt

Aug 5, 2008
Prince Edward Island
Has anyone on this site tried the above stove yet. I understand that it is new and am thinking about replacing my 4 year old Quad CB1200 with a new unit. It is rated about the same heat output, however I do not know much about the quality of the manufacturer. Would appreciate any comments.

Thank You

Kobalt

Avalon, and the sister pellet stove Lopi are VERY high quality stoves. I had an Avalon Astoria and have nothing but good things to say about it.....NEVER had any issue or problem.

This AGP seems to have some Harman traits, and some Avalon traits, which I think is good.

This new AGP stove is very new, and probably no one even has one, although it's possible. My bet is that you'll be one of the very first.

IMO, go for it......I'm pretty sure you'll be happy.

The Avalon stoves are fairly high quality. Good construction, nothing flimsy, etc. The only issue I had was an auger motor failure within the first couple months. It was replaced under warranty. Since it failed so soon after being put into regular use I'm betting it was a defective motor from the get-go. Sometimes you get a bad one and there isn't much you can do.

The fans on the Avalon units also seem to be fairly quiet compared to some other brands. This is based on personally hearing them and can be subjective. My unit is in my living room and is the primary room people are in. You don't want a loud/annoying fan whirring away.

Any AGP users out there!!!??? If so, pics and your overall experience would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.