Avalon Arbor refuses to work....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacleh

Jan 3, 2011
Ne.
I am the proud owner of an Avalon Arbor that refuses to work. The auger motor will not run. I have checked the pressure switch, the snap switch, and the hopper lid switch and the best I can get is 18 volts ac at the auger motor. Any good suggestions out there ?????????????

jacleh said:
I am the proud owner of an Avalon Arbor that refuses to work. The auger motor will not run. I have checked the pressure switch, the snap switch, and the hopper lid switch and the best I can get is 18 volts ac at the auger motor. Any good suggestions out there ?????????????

Did you check to see what the control was providing for voltage?

to those that replied thank you very much now what I found, being a 74 year old gent I don't comprehend things well anymore, the meter was not set properly, (set on 20 v scale rather than 200 v) what it boiled down to is a jam in the auger preventing the motor from turning. Again thank all of you
Jack

jacleh said:
to those that replied thank you very much now what I found, being a 74 year old gent I don't comprehend things well anymore, the meter was not set properly, (set on 20 v scale rather than 200 v) what it boiled down to is a jam in the auger preventing the motor from turning. Again thank all of you
Jack

It gets worse... I'm 174!

krooser said:
jacleh said:
Jack

It gets worse... I'm 174!

You look like you are 1174.

Hello

I found one way to prevent auger jam.

Store a few pellet bags inside at room temp before use. Then there will be no condensation from a quick warm up!

Hey jacleh

Hugh Heffner is 84 and has a new fiance and she is 24! That is something that some guys can look forward to!!

Status
Not open for further replies.