Avalon Astoria Bay igniter replacement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpinjojo

Dec 17, 2010
Chilly CT
It seems as if my igniter chit the bed on my Astoria Bay pellet stove fireplace insert. It's 3 years old and I use a remote thermostat, so I'm assuming it has simply worn out. Naturally, I'm going to test it to be certain before I dive in to replacing it, but I wanted to know how difficult it is to access the igniter?? What pieces have to be removed to gain access?? Thanks for your help in advance!!

Hello

It should not be difficult. There should be one screw holding it in from the back. See pic (Hope this Helps)

The old 250 watt Travis Igniters were changed for large steel stoves to newer lower 200 watt igniters the end of september 2009

Attachments

• TravisOEMIgniters.jpg
    TravisOEMIgniters.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,194
Status
Not open for further replies.