Avalon blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet-King

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2008
Northern Ct
Looking for a friend into buying a Avalon 900 we looked at it and plugged it in to see if it still works, i noticed the convection blower did not come on like my whiftfield, lady says once the stove warm's up it comes on, is this true?
Combustion /exhaust blower comes on.

Mine comes on in < 10 min.

The answer is yes, the convection blower doesn't come on until the POF (Proof Of Fire) switch senses the correct heat (either 120 or 140 °F ).

My Avalon Astoria took about 10-15 minutes from the first push of the power button.

Are most stoves like this?, my Whit blows cold air at you, nice feature...as long as it's failsafe.

Hello

I have an Avalon Astoria similar to the Avalon Arbor 900 PS. When start is pressed with nothing in the burn pot, it takes 5 mins for the pot to fill and ignite. Then it takes another 5 mins for the convection blower to come on. So the answer to your question is it takes 10 mins for the convection blower to turn on from a cold start.

Status
Not open for further replies.