Avalon Pendleton to ICC UltraBlack Connection Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joetal17

Jan 28, 2009
CT
I have an Avalon Pendleton-45 degree stove. I am trying to connect it to ICC Ultrablack Double Wall stove pipe that will connect to a through the wall EXCEL Chimney.

The stove flue has a collar that projects 3/4 inch above the flue. The ICC 45 degree elbow fits perfectly onto the flue collar. However, my dealer gave me this stove adapter:

http://www.icc-rsf.com/main.php?t=chem_produits&i=35&l=e&d=2&

He's insisting I need it to connect the flue properly to double wall pipe. I can't make it fit well and the link says it's for stoves "with flue collars that DO NOT project"

What gives?

Thanks in advance.

i just tested dvl(simpson) pipe on the pendleton, it fits, but isn't verry snug. the stove top adapter works well, but you'd need to notch the inner male end to fit past the tabs...

not sure at all about icc. if it is needed, its too bad its not made of stainless steel!! lame

You mean notch the inner wall of the stove pipe? Why would I have to if they're both ICC products?

Status
Not open for further replies.