Avalon ps 900 wont start help please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoaf88

Oct 19, 2009
RI
OK so my avalon ps 900 wouldnt start but the light would come on. The exhause blower wouldnt turn on or the auger and i assume the igniter as well. It just made a funny noise. So i checked all the fuses and they were fine.

I bought a new control box because I figured after reading all the troubleshooting that that was the problem.

I plugged in the new control box ($279) and it is still having the same problem.

Does anyone know what the problem could possible be?

Guess i need a new stove?

Pellet stoves tend to do nothing if the exhaust blower doesn't start up.

If you are not comfortable with working with electrical power etc ... don't attempt what is suggested next ... ELECTRICITY can KILL you ... observe all proper precautions.

I'd test that blower first, turn off, unplug the stove, disconnect the blower's electrical connections, then connect up a patch cord to the blower that has a standard electrical plug on one end, after connecting it to the blower and insulating the connections with electrical tape, plug it into a wall outlet and see if the blower runs, proceed from there...

my son has the same stove and had the same problem,what we found was a wire disconnected. on the left side as you face the stove behind the control box and a little towards the front of the stove there is a red wire that hooks to some type of sensor,its seems that it was about 1/3 of the way into the stove and plugged into a sensor that mounted up high on the underside .
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.