Avalon smelly smell? Pics included

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessek21

Sep 22, 2010
seattle
Ok so I had bought a used Avalon wood insert. I painted it with a stove paint and have burned about 10 fires in it.

It gives off a smell when its running with the blower, so far today with no blower it doesn't smell.

The bypass thingy has a slightly larger diameter then the pole that goes in it. I noticed that a little black suit was forming on the brass by the bypass pole.

Could this be the cause of my smell? Or is there something behind or underneath that would cause it to smell.

If it is, how should I solve the problem?

Attachments

• HPIM2259.jpg
    HPIM2259.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 263
  • HPIM2256.jpg
    HPIM2256.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 280
Burning too cool in our mild temps with a short flue can also do this.

Depends on what the smell SMELLS like.........if it smells like "weed" ...........then someone in your house is toking into the firebox (lol).

-Soupy1957

Status
Not open for further replies.