• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckster

Burning Hunk
Jan 21, 2012
Sussex County NJ
Don't know if I'm posting in the right place or not. I can't figure out how to install an avatar. Any help would be appreciated.
Chuck

chuckster said:
Don't know if I'm posting in the right place or not. I can't figure out how to install an avatar. Any help would be appreciated.
Chuck

What help do you need?
Go to your control panel at the top of the page.
There is a setting there for "edit avatar" on your left.

You need to make an avatar 110 x 110 pixels or smaller to upload.
If you don't know how to do that, send me the pic and I will resize it for you and email back.

[email protected]

I go to where it says edit avatar and type in Windows Live Photo Gallery in browse where I keep all my photos and I am told that it can't find it.
Chuck

Hi Craig. I sent you an email of the picture. I reduced it to 105x110 but it is still about 75 kb. It's over the 50kb limit. It seems that I would really have to make it tiny to get it down to 50 kb. I am really appreciating your help with this.
Chuck

I don't understand why my picture is 105 x 110 pixels around the same size as everyone elses avatars but mine is 75 kb and everyone elses is only 8 or 9 kb.
Chuck

Thank you so much for your help Craig. Finally got it!!!
Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.