AWP Appalachian Hardwood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2008
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
Primo Pellets is carring something I haven't seen yet. AWP Appalachian Hardwood pellets. I'm just wondering if anyone has more info on them and has tried any?

Putting 2 + 2 together I am thinking these are bagged Energex(dealer version of the Premier Appalachian Hardwoods). But its just a guess!

Attachments

• awp.jpg
    awp.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,562
I received my pre Buy letter from them Today, I usually get my hammers from them. I would try and sample some, but with it so warm now, dont think it will happen.

Besides, they usually only have loose bags from breakage and stuff, and its getting to be out of season for spmpling IMHO.

If we could get just the info off one of the bags? Like the address, We probably could figure out if there an Energex pellet.

I'm still burning samples as the mornings are still chilly for me. We have a few rainy days coming in. Hoping to get thru a few more. NEWP NY plant are in now. Next is Energex American. Hoping to get some Geneva Super Premiums very soon. Maybe even the MWP softwoods(excited about the second New England softwood addition). What I don't finish now, I'll get to in the fall. I'ts almost like a part time job for me!

j-takeman said:
If we could get just the info off one of the bags? Like the address, We probably could figure out if there an Energex pellet.

I'm still burning samples as the mornings are still chilly for me. We have a few rainy days coming in. Hoping to get thru a few more. NEWP NY plant are in now. Next is Energex American. Hoping to get some Geneva Super Premiums very soon. Maybe even the MWP softwoods(excited about the second New England softwood addition). What I don't finish now, I'll get to in the fall. I'ts almost like a part time job for me!
And we thank you for this part time job,it helps us all to be more informed consumers.

will711 said:
j-takeman said:

And we thank you for this part time job,it helps us all to be more informed consumers.

Thanks wil, I share what I can.

j-takeman said:
!

Ill try to grab that, if they have them in stock.

Looked into the Appalachian Hardwoods Today. They wont be ariving till June 1st, so no sample or pictures yet. BUT, they are coming out of west Virginia, and might be coming from very close to Hammers mills. Will keep eyes open aand see what happens when they show up.

IFAIK, There are only 2 mills in West Virginia. Hamer and Lignetics. I'd say you are correct with the Hamer being the parent Co. of them. But either should be a good pellet!

I have to kep my eye out for them too! :)

Hey my office is just around the corner from Primo. I just picked up 2T of Hamers. I will check in with them to see when the Appalachian's arrive. I'll grab a few bags.

epehubb said:
Hey my office is just around the corner from Primo. I just picked up 2T of Hamers. I will check in with them to see when the Appalachian's arrive. I'll grab a few bags.

Any report ? I too live right near them, but forgot to check on them.

My local supermarket (Shoprite) just put out a couple of pallets of Appalachian Hardwood Pellets, from the Premier Pellet Corp. of Pennsylvania. They are charging $6.49 per bag. Anyone have experience with these? Should I grab more than the 4 bags I picked up to try?

j-takeman said:

J
let us know how those newp ny plant burn. I bought 10 bags for 10 dollars from someone who wasnt using pellet stove any more. They were the first I burned in my new enviro m55Cast fs. I thought I made a huge mistake buying this stove. Low flame and no heat. Put a bag of turman in and all doubts were gone. So im just wondering if I had a bad batch or do they really stink stink.

kykel said:
j-takeman said:

J
let us know how those newp ny plant burn. I bought 10 bags for 10 dollars from someone who wasnt using pellet stove any more. They were the first I burned in my new enviro m55Cast fs. I thought I made a huge mistake buying this stove. Low flame and no heat. Put a bag of turman in and all doubts were gone. So im just wondering if I had a bad batch or do they really stink stink.

They burned well, I posted the results on the other site.

http://woodpelletreviews.com/Takeman-Reviews/New-England-Wood-Pellets.html

Some of the early NEWP's made at the NY plant were iffy. There is an embossed code on the bag. The code will give us the date they were bagged.

You might need to mix them with something else to get through them?

I threw a bag in the hopper last night of the Appalaichin pellets from Premier Pellet Corp of Pennsylvania. They burned hot and clean. Guess I'll pick up a few more bags at the supermarket.

RKS130 said:
I threw a bag in the hopper last night of the Appalaichin pellets from Premier Pellet Corp of Pennsylvania. They burned hot and clean. Guess I'll pick up a few more bags at the supermarket.
I was at my local TSC and they have Appalachian for $214/ton. Let us know how they burn once a few bags go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.