baby countryside burn pot modifications

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so i have been burning my baby countryside for a few months now and have started experimenting with burn pot modifications with much success! I've shared my secret with CWR for all the help he gave me but for the general public i will just say. a few strategically drilled out hole in the burn pot,along with plugging other strategically place holes have really helped my stove burn to its ultimate potential! my stove burns about 25 to 30 degrees hotter now and only have to empty my burn pot every two day when before i had to every day! and to Dexterday,dont be giving away the details when you see my post brother! dexter knows the mods i made to the pot cause he is a good friend i grew up with,but im not so sure i can trust him with my burn pot secret! lol just kiddin kern!

I thought that was the reason for the forum. To share information.
Now I don't have a baby country but maybe someone else does that would really like to improve the burn.
Sharing is what it's all about.

barnyard840x said:
so i have been burning my baby countryside for a few months now and have started experimenting with burn pot modifications with much success! I've shared my secret with CWR for all the help he gave me but for the general public i will just say. a few strategically drilled out hole in the burn pot,along with plugging other strategically place holes have really helped my stove burn to its ultimate potential! my stove burns about 25 to 30 degrees hotter now and only have to empty my burn pot every two day when before i had to every day! and to Dexterday,dont be giving away the details when you see my post brother! dexter knows the mods i made to the pot cause he is a good friend i grew up with,but im not so sure i can trust him with my burn pot secret! lol just kiddin kern!

Not gonna say exactly....... But he pretty much summed it up. Plug up some holes (top row or 2) (diverting more air through other holes), and drilling out existing holes (bottom row) (more air through them). The way that the Baby's burn pot sits in the liner, there are many air leaks. Then the amount of holes themselves in the pot is amazing. So many holes, so many leaks, so many pellets not burning in the pot. When I did the leaf blower trick on Barnyards stove about a month ago, it was a MUCH darker cloud of ash than any of mine. Heated well, but the pellets would seemingly stay in the pot. With a little more air coming through the very bottom row, the damper can now be utilized and the ash is a Gray/White color. Also pellets do not build-up. They burn down as they should, pellets drop, pellets burn.. Whereas before, the pellets would burn. But there would be about an 1" or 2" of pellets burning (not enough air through the pot).. Hope I didnt give it away. He said in his Post that I shouldn't give away the details. But if air is stopped from coming in one location, that air will be forced to come through another location

I.E - Air holes 3" above burning pellets (Does Nothing) Air coming in Directly through bottom of the burn pot (Does wonders).
AGAIN, I AM NOT RECOMMENDING ANYONE ALTER there stove and void warranties.

to better explain dexterdays post here is exactly what i did to the stoves burn pot. sorry its been a while since i was last on the website,meant to reply much sooner.
yes what i did was drill out EVERY hole on the very bottom of the pot(i increased the size of the holes up to 3/16". then i drilled out every other hole of the first and second row,on the front and rear of the pot(same 3/16th drill bit size). doing this caused me to have a lazy flame but with a little tin foil tape i plugged the top two rows of holes on the front and back of the pot. once i did that,the airflow through the very bottom holes and the bottom two rows on the front and rear of the pot increased ALOT,thus making the bed of coles burn super hot. i went from having dark grey ash to very light grey ash. naturally i did the modifications right after cleaning it,but the stove immediatlly burned hotter and more efficiantly! my pellets are lasting longer because i can run it on a lower setting than before(and still heat just as efficiantly). usually on level two my stove burned about 400 degrees after the mods it burns about 425-430 degrees.level three went from 550 to 575! i plugged the top 2 rows on the front and back of the pot. ive absolutly fell in love the stove now that i have a new stove that runs properly! my ol'lady even tells me that shes jealous cause the stove gets more attention than her! lol but trust me,do these modifications and in true fashion your baby will scream louder than a newborn looking for a bottle!i am aware that modifications are frowned apoun and can void ones warranty,but the design of holes from the factory are flawed, the modifications ive made will definatly help any baby countryside owner with un-burnt pellets and burn pot build up,just ask dexter,he will vouge for the mods i made to it. happy burning to all........hopefully not til next winter though!

Status
Not open for further replies.