Back in the pellet business!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickolai

Nov 16, 2007
Western Ontario
After leaving the military this past summer I've since moved about 500km west from the Ottawa Valley where I lived for the past ten years. The home we purchased has a super series wood stove which I installed a 6" liner in to replace the clay flu.

I've since purchased a Quality Craft pellet stove for my garage and just installed it today, wow have I missed pellet heating!
I put in the vent kit and stove in about two hours and had it running soon after, producing good heat. The garage is about 18x24 and insulated so I suspect it will keep the area toasty while I'm out there.

I didn't much care for the drolet Eco 35 I heated my first place with but did love the convenience of push button start up, which was the draw for a garage application instead of building a fire in a wood stove.
So far I've bought a bag of Isabella softwood pellets from TSC and a bag of hardwood canawicks from Canadian Tire,
I look forward to test burning different pellets again as I did in the past.
Will keep updates on how the stove performs.

Nickolai said:
I post with my iPhone which doesn't allow me to upload, but I'll be sure to take some pics and add them asap

Can you downsize the pics? I dont own an iphone, but own the Bionic and can do a lot of editing to get photos to "fit" here.

It's not sizing that is the issue, it just doesn't give me the option on my phone to upload, the button isn't accessible. This happens on some other sites like Kijiji too. I'll just have to fire up the Mac and do it 'the ole fashioned way'

Status
Not open for further replies.